Regional Mission Opportunities
|Servant Hearts that are Needed
|Learn to share the Gospel while face-painting/making balloon shapes
|Assist with Assault on Mt. Mitchell (bike ride)
|Assist with national fast-pitch softball tournament in Moore, South Carolina
|Learn to PLARN (crochet with plastic bags)
Note: These opportunities are in partnership with the Spartanburg Baptist Network.
More International Mission Opportunities
“True devotion, the kind that is pure and faultless before God the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their difficulties…” James 1:27
Mauldin First Baptist’s primary commitment to International Missions is with Hope Vision Orphanage in Port-de-Paix, Haiti. We support the orphans in a variety of ways at their present location. We are also financially and physically assisting in the construction of a new orphanage outside the city. We typically send 2 mission groups per year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
Past facility construction/improvement –Activities have included digging footings, installing solar panels, setting up a computer lab, installing wiring for a new dorm for girls.
Past activities with the orphans include:
- Games (jump rope, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey)
- Arts (coloring, making paper decorations)
- Friday Feast
- Leading large group devotions with all ages
- Leading small group devotions with older boys and girls
- Providing career-building skills to older boys (carpentry, electrical)
Past Gospel outreach activities in the community include:
- Conducting VBS activities at nearby church
- Traveling to the island of Tortuga to make home visits, invite to church
- Delivering Bibles written in Creole